Should obese people pay higher health
Jerry ripperger, director of consumer health at principal financial group, stated that before federal laws were clarified, at least one person called in monthly to ask if an overweight employee could be charged a higher premium far more people are calling in now one employer wanted to drop coverage altogether for a worker with a high body. Should smokers and fat people pay more for health care from cnn's jack cafferty: smokers and fat americans could soon be paying a lot more for their health. Should obese people and smokers pay more tax here in america, but i don't really follow the logic behind obese people putting a 'strain' on the health. I think this article is just another example of the growing entitlement views in our country though i think the tax incentive may at least cause more tax paying americans to be aware of the problem, increasing premiums for the obese should be looked at primarily as an incentive program.
If, in a given insurance plan, there is no effective pooling between the obese and thin, then the obese pay for their higher expected medical expenditures in another. Should obese people pay higher health insurance premiums i was at dinner the other night with several friends and naturally healthcare reform came up in. Should health insurance premiums be higher for obese people uploaded by jennifer dickenson connect to download get docx should health insurance premiums be. Should overweight people pay more for health insurance he would also stop hiring obese people when he mentioned this to me during a recent phone conversation, i.
(cbs) should fat people pay extra for medical insurance that question is now the subject of hot debate in germany, after a prominent german politician said that obese people should foot the bill for the extra health-care costs associated with their unhealthy lifestyles. Obesity is not always due to the personal behavior of people and can be linked with the environment and genetics i personally feel that obese people should not pay a higher health insurance premium compared to those that aren’t.
That is why obese people should be subject to transport surcharges, and why foods that make people fat should be subject to higher taxes obesity is an ethical issue, because an increase in weight by some imposes costs on others that is why obese people should be subject to transport surcharges, and why foods that make people fat should. It doesn't make sense to charge fat people higher insurance premiums sign in sign up health and science has moved you. A majority of americans thinks it's ok to charge higher health insurance rates to smokers, but not to overweight people, according to a gallup poll released this week.
Should obese people pay higher health
As medical costs soar and alternative means of funding health care in the united states are considered, the question of whether society should subsidize health care associated with unhealthy behaviors is critical. The federal government's commission of audit has proposed that private health funds should be able to charge more to insure smokers and overweight people. That’s a massive penalty, especially because the very people who can least afford higher premiums are the ones who tend to be smokers: poor folks in.
- As the nation addresses the obesity epidemic, they should look to the smoking cessation campaign for guidance today, more than one-third of the american adult population is obese and approximately 20 percent of americans ages 5-18 are obese, defined as having a body mass index of 30 or greater like smoking, the healthcare/financial.
- When healthcare reformers talk about making health insurance fair, some suggest that people who don’t take care of themselves really shouldn’t expect the rest of us to pay.
- Smokers paying extra for health insurance more employers requiring tobacco users to pay higher premiums below: x a growing number of private and public employers.
- Writing assignment #3: should obese people pay higher health insurance premiums than people who are not obese - rishard rheyas obesity has become a serious problem with more than one third of adults being obese in the united states.
- If we believe smoking and obesity are choices people willingly make and damn the consequences (particularly when you consider all the education and health warnings in place), then by not making them responsible for the costs incurred we turn them into victims, rather than agents of their own health with the power to change outcomes.
This is how i feel about health insurance someone chooses to smoke, they should pay a higher premium (allowing me to pay a lower premium) if someone is obese (and i'm not buying that most obese people cannot help their obesity), they should pay a higher premium frankly, if i developed cancer, i wouldn't mind paying a higher. Overweight/obese people should pay more for health insurance (questionbincom) submitted 8 years ago by jordan82 27 comments share save hide report all 27. Scott atlas from the hoover institution has an editorial in the philadelphia inquirer arguing that health insurance should be more like car insurance, where people who he claims make poor behavior choices have to pay higher premiums he specifically singles out fat people, comparing obesity to smoking to argue that obese people have shown poor personal responsibility and therefore should. Should smokers and the obese pay more for health insurance health mar 3, 2013 listen story audio mar 4, 2013 39min 8sec health insurers will be able to raise. How fair and ethical is it to ask unhealthy people to pay higher insurance premiums this editorial explores the issue. Fat was their choice i feel obese people should pay more for health insurance because they them selves are the cause of their weight issues it is a proven statistic that obese peoples heath is not as good as less weighted people.